What I love about Lomography is its carefree, shoot-from-the-hip, happy-accidents attitude towards photography (the banner at the top of this page represents one such "happy accident" - I double-exposed a roll of film in my Lomo Oktomat without realizing, and voila! Layers of photos on top of one another!) Even more, I adore the vintage quality that the developed pictures have. Every picture looks like it was taken 30 years ago (indeed, these cameras were first introduced almost that long ago, in 1980, the year I was born. How fitting!).
Further:
My Lomo Oktomat (see below) takes 8 frames in sequence and prints them all on one photograph. I've posted some of my favourites at my "lomohome." Go check them out!
Watch this documentary (part 1 of 7) for a run-down of the Lomo aesthetic:
.
This is my Lomo Oktomat!

1 comment:
Great video. I really love how raw and contrasty the pictures come out.
Post a Comment